So, it’s the end of the year. Time to look back on what I set out to do, where I ended up, and how the plan changed over the course of 2017.
So lets start with the original list from January of this year!
- Deceiving the Bandit Lord.
- Love Through Heartache.
- Haunting the Noble Hunter.
I didn’t think this list was terribly ambitious when I started but as ever, things came up and things changed. So what happened?
- Deceiving the Bandit Lord: This one was written in 2012 NaNoWriMo so you’d think it would be easy. I think I drug my feet on this one b/c I was worried it wouldn’t live up to the success or acclaim of the first book. I think I’ve got a problem with impostor syndrome, as many writers do. I kept thinking, what if I release book 2 and people hate it? I need to get over it. And I will. I was using the excuse of waiting to hear back from beta readers as a reason to delay. No more for 2018.
- Infatuated was swapped out for Winter’s Bride in Q2, and then swapped out again in Q4 for Unicorn’s Heart. I was going to write it during NaNoWriMo but only managed about 10k words. I’m still working on it though, slow but steady. I got slowed down b/c I’m going back to college to get my business degree. I’ve been passed over several times for a promotion at work so I’ll eliminate the re-occurring reason they select another candidate. A business degree can be applied to my author business so win win there. Also, there are a lot of marketing classes in my future so that will help me get the word out about my books.
- Love Through Heartache Anthology: So the one thing I managed to do this year was… the Love Through Heartache anthology. Cost of a Kiss is included with seven other fantasy romance stories. It’s a limited time release so if you want it, check it out now.
- Haunting the Noble Hunter: This was dropped from the list about Q4. I realized I wouldn’t have time and I couldn’t do it without book 2 being done. I don’t work that way. So it’s on hold until Deceiving the Bandit Lord comes out. Sorry!
So, what’s next? Well, 2018 of course. I’m working on getting a good work, family, school, writing balance right now. I’m going to blog once a month I think, to alleviate any stress so I can focus on getting the words. Stay tuned for my 2018 Resolutions. Did you set goals for this year? How did they turn out?